Version 6.3 – build 26800 – June 2021:
- File date is now the received date of the email instead of the datetime of drag action
This can be set to the original behavior by setting the registry key [UseReceivedDateAsFileDate] to false
- Reworked the PDF and RTF conversion
- Wide tables are fitted within the page when converting to PDF
Version 6.2 – build 24128 – February 2021:
Improved support windows applications and export speed.
- Added support for more windows applications
- Improved PDF conversion speed
- Improved EML conversion speed
Version 6.1 – build 21922 – October 2020:
Bugfix release and improved logging
- The maximum items to drag is set to 50 by default on MSI install (was 1)
- The tracelog is not overwritten on restart of Outlook but a new file is created in the Windows Temp folder
- Timestamps are added to the tracelog
- Several bugfixes
Version 6.1 – build 21341 – September 2020:
Necessary update that includes improvements for security and performance.
- Improved .pfd export performance
- Added ability to enable trace logging via registry
Version 6.0 – build 20945 – August 2020:
Major release with a lot of improvements on speed, handling other applications but most importantly we added a number of export settings.
Where in previous verions you could only drag a .msg file out of Outlook, now you can set the preferred file type.
- .msg (default)
- .txt (images and attachments are omitted)
Each of those output types can be combined with the option to extract the attachments and add them as additional files to your drag action (so if you drag an email with 2 attachments, 3 files will be presented to your target application).
If you do not want the separate files you can choose to zip them and one zip file that will contain your chosen output and optionally with the attachments is created.
- Performance optimization
- Settings and licensing is accessible from the DragDrop button in the ribbon (Outlook top menu)
- The ribbon button can be hidden by an Administrator (registry setting)
- The default or standard DragDrop format can be set by an Administrator (registry setting)
- Licensing activation for single license is done within the DragDrop for Outlook settings windo
Version 5.5.0 – January 2020:
- Performance optimization
- Improved support for Java applications
- Drag emails directly to Microsoft Teams, Slack or Skype
- New API for License management available for Enterprise and OEM license
All installers – 20 March 2019:
All installers since V4.3.3 and later are resigned with a new CodeSigning certificate. Please contact support if you have a question regarding your custom installer.
Version 5.4.0 – March 2019:
- API available for Ultimate License to create and manage sublicenses for your end customers (OEM usage)
- Ultimate license installer is now WhiteLabel (DragDrop for YOURCOMPANY)
- Solves a delay on printing preview or new email dialog when using specific HP drivers or other add-ins that were loading external libraries.
Version 5.3.0 – January 2019:
- Support for Outlook 2019
- Enterprise installs with this update can now manage their licensed users via the my-account page or use the Windows License Manager (available on the download page)
- The number of simultaneous dragged items can now be set in the registry (https://www.dragdrop.com/registry-settings)
- In some circumstances emails with exactly the same subject were handled as the same upload but should have different content. This is now resolved.
Version 5.2.1 – September 2018:
- Sharepoint support for messages will be restored (some sharepoint instances were receiving only a txt file with header info).
- limit the lenght of the filename to 150 chars.
Version 5.2.0 – September 2018:
- Force the availability of the temp folder for the temporary files.
- Support for Outlook 2007 added.
- Improved compatibility with other add-ins.
- Limited the number of simultaneous dragged items to 50. If you start a drag action with over 50 items (emails, attachments, contacts, etc) DragDrop will not handle the drop action to prevent slowing down Outlook and rendering it unresponsive.
Version 5.1.0 – July 2018:
- Support for both Edge in Windows 10 2017 Fall update and Edge in 2018 Spring update.
- Fix the issue where in some circumstances the temp folder was locked after some time and a restart of Outlook was needed.
- You can now see your license code and the number of activations on the My Account page.
- Extended logging for more detailed insight on the activation process.
- Adjustment in the CharsToReplace registry setting, this setting will now only affect the filename and no longer the extension.
Version 5.0.2 – June 2018:
- In some circumstances an email was moved to deleted items when dropped in a webcontrol that explicitly requested a move. We now force a copy action to the major browsers and the executables listed in the “ForceCopyToExe” setting even in those circumstances.
Version 5.0.1 – June 2018:
- Configurable cleanup interval
- Replace characters in a filename
- Added setting to force copy to listed executables
- Added setting allowed executables can be listed
- More information about the registry settings can be found on our FAQ Registry Settings
Version 5.0.0 – May 2018:
- New license model where license activations are now based on unique users
- Only a hash of the user SID is send to our licencing servers (GDPR compliant)
- Improved startup speed
- Removed dependency on VC++2017
- Installer has better detection for prerequisites so time needed for installation is minimized
- Enterprise release with 4 installers available (Full installer , Installer without prerequisites , MSI installer x64(Office 64bit) , MSI installer x86(Office 32bit) )
Version 4.3.1 – Januari 2018:
- Removed reference to config file in the manifest that prevented sideloading the vsto
- Force copy detection improvement for 32bit Outlook on 64bit Windows
Version 4.3.0 – Januari 2018:
- Force a copy to well-known Browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IExplerer, Edge) even if the dropzone or webapplication is requesting a move. Emails are now always copied and never moved to Deleted items.
Version 4.2.3 – December 2017
- Beside the installers, all dll, exe and manifest files are now digitally signed for easier deployment and security validations
- LicenseInfo tool added to support license release and migration
Version 4.2.2 – November 2017
- Added support for Microsoft specific web applications like Sharepoint and OneDrive
Version 4.2.1 – Oktober 2017
- Improved startup speed
- Enterprise license validation failed in some circumstances
Version 4.2.0 – September 2017
- Added support for latest Edge browser
- EULA included in setup
Version 4.1.0 – July 2017
- New easy installer with all prerequisites included for both 32bit and 64bit
Version 4.0.0 – June 2017
- Extended support to Office 2010 to 2016 both 32bit and 64bit on Windows 32bit and 64bit